Small but Great

Small but Great

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Greatest Display of Love

Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. ~I Corinthians 13:4-7


The greatest display of love is seen in the above bible verse. God created perfect love, He is the perfect lover. However, I have seen great qualities of this love displayed in the way my mother raised me. My mother is not only a beautiful women (on the inside and out) but she is brilliant, caring, and a women of God. I look up to her so much!
Considering it is almost mothers day I wanted to do more than just give her a card this year (which i will still do) to tell her what she means to me. I wanted EVERYONE to know how amazing she is and how grateful I am that she is my mom. So mom, this one is for you :).
(My Favorite pic of my mom)

The Greatest Display of Love is Found in My Mothers Hands 

Your hands cradled me after I was born. 
Full of love. Shaky but firm. 
You gave me life, in the most fragile form. 

Your hands raised me 
Full of frustration at times, Im sure.
You gave me a childhood, memories, and so much more. 

Your hands waved, as you sent me to school. 
Full of excitement, year after year.
You made me take that picture, even though it "wasn't cool"
(My first day of school. Mom took this pic every year)


Your hands comforted me, more times than one.
Full of compassion and empathy 
You gave me security when I had none. 
(My mom with me after my last cheerleading performance ever)

Your hands laced up my dress on the most important day of my life.
Full of joy and support, you laced me up tight
You gave me your blessing and I became a wife.

Someday I hope to have hands like you.  
You gave me everything
Just like a mother should do :)


Thank you for always being by my side, mom. I love you very very very much. You are one of my best friends. Thank you for raising me the way that you did. You an amazing mom.






2 comments:

  1. That is the most precious blog I have ever seen! I love your heart Madi Petersen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tribute!! The last part definitely made me tear up, as I thought about my own momma on my wedding day!! :] Keep blogging, Madi!! :]

    ReplyDelete