Small but Great

Small but Great

Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello everyone! You might not remember me, my name is Madison and I have proven to be one of the most inconsistent bloggers out there. But, I'm back!

Where did time go? Quick catch up on my life, I've been busy! I started (and am about to finish) my third semester at Oral Roberts University. Next semester will be my last and then I will be graduating in May. Where did time go? I am still working at Davids Bridal, making dreams come true every day. I still have a husband and a dog. So basically, not a lot has changed, but a lot will change soon. I can't believe Im graduating from college soon... I just started the application process for grad school and in about a year and a half Ill be a qualified grown up. AH. Where did time go???

Yes, I've been busy, but aren't we all! Something that I feel God has been showing me lately is this: "Although life sometimes seems like its flying by, take the time to stop and just gaze upon me. Take time to breathe. Take time to be creative." Now, understand that this is hard for me because I am extremely task oriented and I thrive on checking off things from my "list". But, I've really spent time the last few days and concentrated on doing this and I have been really blessed by it. I took time at work to not only help my customers, but talk to them and connect with them and I met some really great people and had some really encouraging conversations. I took time on my run this morning to just notice the beauty of fall and nature in itself. Small things in my life that I normally just "run right by" or that I just add to the list as a "sold commission"I have stopped to look at a little differently.

So today my blog is simple (gotta ease back into this). I encourage you this week to stop for a minute and appreciate what is around you. I think you will find that there are blessings all around. Although you might think your world is crazy and you might feel like you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off, God still wants you to realize that he is present among the madness (and it might not be so mad after all). Have a blessed week! I will see you SOON (I promise).

Psalm 46:10 "He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”"


No comments:

Post a Comment