Small but Great

Small but Great

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

True Life: I want a tattoo

Attention all readers... apparently I have a rebellious side. Tattoos and nose rings have been on my mind lately. I don't know if I am just having a mid-college life crisis or what, but I have really been considering one or both of these things to be a part of who I am.

I have been contemplating the idea of a tattoo for about... 2 years now.
Before you freak out (mom and micah), I will first list the reasons that this probably wont happen.
1. My mother will no longer help me pay for school. This is a problem considering that school is sorta a huge expense...
2. My husband does not prefer that this happen.
3. Im kinda scared.
4. Im afraid that I would hate my tattoo in approximately 20 years.

BUT if I were to get one, these are the tattoos that I would consider.
I love the placement of this tattoo..... but this is the one that I would be the least likely to get... (mine would be smaller though).
The pros to this tattoo would be that I could have part of my favorite chapter in the bible tattooed (Isaiah 61). I consider this to be a huge part of my calling and would love to have these words on my body so that I could be constantly reminded of this calling. However, no one would see this tattoo (besides during the summer) and it would hurt really bad. Also, the whole point of getting a tattoo would be to use it as a means to talk to people about Jesus and people would not see this tattoo enough to be used as a ministry tool.

Of corse, I enjoy the less obvious tattoo placement of this tattoo...
If I were to get a tattoo here, I would have it say the word "eternity".  This would be a really good conversation starter and hopefully would make people ponder eternity and where they are headed.

Like I said, the chances that I will actually get a tattoo are slim. But I have pondered it quite a bit. An alternative idea that I have come up with is the idea of getting a white-ink tattoo. These are less obvious, and less of a commitment because (from what I hear/read) they fade within approximately 5-10 years. However, they look kinda creepy (like scars)... see
Its a possibility.
Hmmmmm..... Madi has a rebellious side? Who would have ever guessed :)
I just love creativity and expression of creativity.
Summer 2012 possibly?
Guess you will have to wait and see :)

3 comments:

  1. I've contemplated the same thing. But I don't have the obstacles in front of me that you do. I say keep the college money. Lol! I decided that when I get one I want it to say "beloved" but not for sure if I want that in English or Hebrew. Then I found out that is really popular right now...and I thought I was so creative. If I do get it I'll just have to know I came up with it before I knew it was the "trend." And I would probably get it on the inside of my wrist. Go Madi! Can't wait to see your tat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glen said to tell you that tattoos are not rebellious, they are expressive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! haha! Thanks Rhonda and Glen for backing me up :)

    ReplyDelete