Small but Great

Small but Great

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The V Day.

Hello All,

As we come off of one of the most hyped up holidays (that really felt like more of a normal Tuesday for me) I would like to leave you with some of my thoughts/highlights of the day.

This is my second Valentines day as a married woman. Needless to say, it was the best one yet! So what did we do? Go on a date? Eat a candle light dinner at home? Watch the notebook and reflect back on our first date? No sir. All of those things are great (maybe exaggerated the last one a bit), but lets be real, none of those things are practical on Valentines day. Restaurants are packed out the door, movies are full as well... and plus what makes one day of the year more lovable than the rest?

My honey came in from school today (after sending me texts about how horrible traffic was) and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Valentines Fail!" :(. The poor guy had drove all the way, battling horrible Valentines Day traffic, to the mall to get me a phone case that I had expressed interest in and they didn't have the right one for my phone! He was trying so hard to be thoughtful (because I am very anti-flowers, so he has to be creative with gifts). Although his efforts were very appreciated, and might I add adorable, I ended up with no physical gift for Valentines day. But what I did receive was even greater!

We ate dinner, conversed about some things that were on my heart, worked out (found out that we actually really motivate each other while working out), and then just hung out. Simplicity is bliss in our marriage. We plan on going to a movie/out to eat maybe this weekend once all the V-day crazies go home and return to being bland.

So, I guess the lesson learned is that when there is no time for elaborate ValenTIMES... make time :).
I love my hubby.
I love you.
Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!

2 comments: